Tuesday 27 March 2018

Helen's First Texture Share - March 2018 - Happy

Hello there, welcome back to the Scrap Matrix Blog where today I'm sharing a page which celebrates all things Texture.

I love to get messy with mixed media and thoroughly enjoyed creating this layout. I used various techniques to create pretty texture. The page celebrates my Grand daughter's first Birthday. She's wearing a dress which I smocked for her.

The smocking is stitched on pleats of fabric and I used that concept to kick start my project.

Inspired by Marilyn Rivera, I attempted pleating with paper. 
I used Maja papers, similar to this one and this one, in the store.
First I sprayed water onto the paper and then gently folded it to create the pleats.
Next, I attached it to a co-ordinating card stock with some heavy duty tape. 

Then using Tim Holtz texture paste, I created texture on a 
Ranger craft tag with a stencil by Paper Artsy PS086. I dried it with a heat gun.
After smooshing some Distress Oxide inks
 onto a craft mat and misting them with water, I muddled the colour onto the texture paste.
Then I painted on some Distress Oxide inks trying to achieve some light and shade with the colours.
I added a bit of gesso to the background paper, 
before adding some random stamping, some Scrap Matrix lace and a doily from my stash.
To add more texture, I hand stitched with DMC thread.
A close up of the chipboard, beads, sequins, muslin, stamping,
ink puddling and splashes. The little butterfly was fussy cut from 
a sheet of embellishments by 13@rts "Freedom"

I hope you will play along at Scrap Matrix using "Texture" and be in the running to win a generous prize from Vicki Christenson.

Why not check out the Scrap Matrix store for all your 
arty crafty supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment